Saturday, August 21, 2010

Will a squirrel eat the green beans in my garden?

Every thing is doing really well. I'm gathering fruit from all my other veggies but my green beans are growing, blooming and looking great but my beans seem to be disappearing. I can't imagine any reason for it except perhaps the squirrel I have seen around is feasting on them. Will they do that?Will a squirrel eat the green beans in my garden?
Yes, along with rabbits, mice, crows, and homeless people who need something to eat.





Plant marigold flowers beside or around your vegetables. The curious odor keeps many animals away, as has been proven by many generations of gardeners. Chemicals released by the flower also repel different types of harmful insects that would otherwise destroy your garden.Will a squirrel eat the green beans in my garden?
Yes, squirrels will eat the beans in your garden. They're even very capable of digging up bulbs you've planted, and they'll eat them too.
Yes, and they will eat the bean seeds before they sprout too. I try to keep the soil moist. They don't like digging in wet soil much.

No comments:

Post a Comment