Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I get a pet squirrel?

So I have always wanted a pet squirrel. For some reason i love them. I'm not all about capturing one in the wild because that is mean and I am 95% sure its illegal. Any body know a way someone can obtain a pet squirrel in the state of NY?How can I get a pet squirrel?
...no...all l know is, even if you raise one form birth, they grow up to mean as hell...regardless of how you treat themHow can I get a pet squirrel?
NY...New York? Sorry I'm British lol, but if it is New York I know they ban a lot of animals as pets. You can get pet chipmunks, they are a type of squirrel, also thirteen lined ground squirrels are common pets. More rare squirrels include the beautiful Prevost's Squirrel. You need to find out if they are legal in your area, then you will need a VERY large cage, more like an indoor aviary than a cage to be honest, as squirrels go crazy in small spaces...also you cant have a TV in the same room as your squirrel, the high pitched noise drives them insane. Be aware they are not really pets for handling, tame squirrels are few and far between...if you want something tamer you could consider a southern flying squirrel i hear these become tame if you buy them young and raise them properly.
noo

No comments:

Post a Comment