Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where do the squirrel monkey and the toucan lie on the food chain?

I am doing a prodject and need to know were these animals lie on the food chainWhere do the squirrel monkey and the toucan lie on the food chain?
Well I got a ton of both of them in my backyard... So let me comment on what I see.





They both live in South America. I don't know how wide thier habitat is, but I live in South America, and thehy live by me...





They live where there is jungle. The jungle has a lot of differnt animals.





I observe both of these species eating a lot of fruits. Which makes me think the primarily herbavors, though the monkeys do have K9's (meat ripping teeth).





There are plenty of animals that would eat both if they are able to catch them.





Some examples of thier predators would be: The Jaguar, the harpy eagle, the Jaguarundi, Anaconda, Phython, Pingo (large aggressive boar, don't know the English name for it).





However, I see both of these animals live in groups. They are also very fast and the tucan is a great flyer.





But I am not exactly sure what you are looking for when you say where they lie...

No comments:

Post a Comment