Saturday, August 21, 2010

How long would it take to get from Squirrel Hill to Monroeville (Pittsburgh, PA)?

I live in Squirrel Hill and I need to get to CCAC Boyce Campus (bit past Monroeville). I have a class at six and I am supposed to be there fifteen minutes beforehand. Because of rush hour, how long will it take me to drive there taking 376? Its will be on a Wednesday.





Mapquest says that it will take 16 minutes but I doubt that. Is there any other way that might be faster??How long would it take to get from Squirrel Hill to Monroeville (Pittsburgh, PA)?
It all really depends on traffic and if you can avoid the tunnel. Once you get past the tunnel, it's smooth sailing unless there is an accident. It's always better to be safe than sorry so leave early just in case. I would leave about 35 mins before you have to be there.How long would it take to get from Squirrel Hill to Monroeville (Pittsburgh, PA)?
If at all possible, try to avoid going through the tunnel. Maybe get on 376 at the Wilkinsburg entrance (Route 8, I believe) rather than the Squirrel Hill entrance (you'll immedietely have to go through the tunnel if you do that).





Once you're past the tunnel, it usually takes no time at all to get to the Boyce campus, even during rush hour. Maybe 20 minutes. The places where you may come to a hold up are once you get off the Monroeville exit because of all the lights and intersections and such. Just leave yourself with a little extra time...leave a half-hour or 35 minutes before your class, and you should be fine.
I have driven it in 20 minutes but not in rush hour. About 7 PM on a Friday. My daughter went to Chatham in Squirrel Hill and when I visited, it took 20 minutes to get to this great Mexican restaurant in Monroeville.





I live in LA and I am quite amazed how well traffic moves in Pittsburgh. I was there just last week and even in rush hour I am amazed how well traffic moves on 5th.






No comments:

Post a Comment