Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it legal in CT to own a pet squirrel?

I really want a pet squirrel, but it is illegal in my home state. I will be moving to CT soon. Does anybody know if it is legal there or not? or of anywhere that it isn't illegal?








Please save the ';why would you want a squirrel as a pet, they carry rabies';, they do not help.





thanksIs it legal in CT to own a pet squirrel?
It is not legal to keep one as a pet, but there is a way to get a permit to keep wild animals becuse I live in CT and see many people farming Deer and some people that raise Fox for pelt and hunting events, but it is crucial to get a wildlife permit from the state department. Hope this helps.Is it legal in CT to own a pet squirrel?
illegal.. but its our little secert
I am not sure if anywhere it is legal but i do know that a friend of mine rescued one as a baby and the squirrel was an awsome pet. The squirrels favorite thing to eat was helicopter seeds that fall off trees. He would jump in his palm and they would float all over the floor. We are in Kentucky.
sure you can just keep it a secret.
I don't think its legal in CT
i'm pretty sure it's not, but i could be wrong. and did you know that in some state, i forget which, it's illegal to put a squirrel down your pants? the fact that making that a law necessary is funny.
I live in Greece and i have one.You can't imagine how cute it is!!!!!!!Here it is legal
Unfortunately I think it's illegal in every state, because they are classified as a wild animal. I know someone who raised one once. It was a very loving pet, a little messy at times but just a bunch of fun. It would ride around on her shoulder and just sit there content as can be.


The only reason she got rid of it is someone threatened to turn her in. So she had to train it to live outdoors, and even then he would still come home every night for about a year. Maybe I can suggest a sugar glider, they are similar to squirrels. But the only experience I've had with them is that they make one horrific sound when mad or frightened, and that turned me off to them.
I live in California and I have a pet ferret though it isn't legal, I walk it and no one, even police, say anything. If you want a squirrel just get one, states aren't very strict on their animal policies, especially with small animals like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how do you get your license

Post a Comment