Saturday, August 21, 2010

Could my husband gotten a stomach bug after pressure washing a deck with squirrel/bird droppings/mold?

He never uses any kind of face protection. He's vomiting and has a slight fever. No diarrhea. Just wondering if I should treat this as more than just an average stomach bug.Could my husband gotten a stomach bug after pressure washing a deck with squirrel/bird droppings/mold?
I pressure wash daily and this has never happened to me, but it is certainly possible. The force of the water will splatter debris from what you are cleaning and it could be inhaled - sure, small particles of bird poop and mold, too. I typically only wear a mask (N95) when cleaning asbestos siding. I think it is more of a reaction to the mold spores than the feces and it should flush from his system in a day or so. Obviously, if not, take him to a doctor.Could my husband gotten a stomach bug after pressure washing a deck with squirrel/bird droppings/mold?
Honestly, Its probably nothing more than just the regular Stomach Flu. If it doesn't get better within a few days, take him to the doctor. Tell him I said feel better.
Absolutely.
  • mask work
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment