Friday, November 25, 2011

If you were to have roasted squirrel for a change for Sunday lunch would you prefer red squirrel or grey and..

...what would be a suitable wine in the respective cases?If you were to have roasted squirrel for a change for Sunday lunch would you prefer red squirrel or grey and..
a nice claret with the red squirrel and a Chardonnay with the grey.i still prefer a nice tenderised troll and a john smiths.If you were to have roasted squirrel for a change for Sunday lunch would you prefer red squirrel or grey and..
i like squirrels couldn't eat a whole one though
i prefer pigeon roasted and a diet coke
Wouldn't touch a red squirrel...they are pretty rare these days. Y'all must be city folk if you've never had squirrel. A couple squirrels, couple rabbits, potatoes, onions, carrots, seasoning, definitely garlic. Brown the meat in a skillet. Put all ingredients into a roaster. Add water,skillet drippins (gives u a nice brown color). Bake it up. Serve w/cornbread or biscuits. No different than Venison, beef, pork....be adventurous...try it!! Whine...definitely a white Moscatto.
what you want to eat rats ?
Grey squirrel, the red ones are becoming rare, we need to look after them.





Wine - well, that's for your personal taste.
Squirrel is better fried, and it's a red meat, so a nice light, red wine, nothing too tannic. Squirrel colour is interchangeable, so whatever you have available.
who the **** would eat squirrels
As red squirrel is a protected species it would have to be grey. As for the wine - a chablis probably.
Grey and I'd go for cider, as they've eaten all the apples from my tree and so the taste will probably already be marinating into the meat ..... the cretins !!
never tasted either but why not?
I have been eating and hunting squirrel for 15 years, I would suggest at least 2 back half of a Grey squirrel per person eating. Seeing as when it is cooked it has a similar color to pork, but tastes like a sweet chicken, I would recomment a white wine. Pair the wine with the flavors you are using to cook the meat. A buttery chardonay would be excellent.





BTW





a recipe that I have used many times for squirrel is to deep fry them after quartering them, and smother them in wing sauce. It makes a great tasting ';chicken'; wing.





Best wishes
I would enjoy a tasty chillied red squirrel with a good rioja -
I only have grey,, I live in California.


and I don't hunt any more.


I only drink White
never imagined i would
eeoooww!! You can keep the squirrel but I'd love a glass of white wine not to sweet! What happened to having fried chicken for Sunday lunch! hhuumm!!
I'm sure there is more meat on a grey squirrel because they are larger than the red ones.


Personally I think it would be better casseroled, served with green beans and mash, with a good Pinot Noir to wash it down.
I'd go for the invading American ones:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment