Friday, November 25, 2011

How can I control my squirrel-crazy dog?

My dog is normally well-behaved, but he goes CRAZY when he sees a squirrel. He does not listen to me at all and will do whatever it takes to get closer to the squirrel. I'm afraid he's going to run into the road one day and get run over - he's already escaped our yard once going after a squirrel. I have read the books and watched The Dog Whisperer and I don't know what to do. Please help!How can I control my squirrel-crazy dog?
If this is a hunting dog, it is normal for them to do that. Don't leave your dog in the backyard, then he won't be able to escape the fence. No dogs should be left outside unsupervised.How can I control my squirrel-crazy dog?
Here come the TD's, but get a shock collar. Get one, learn to use it CORRECTLY. Trust me they work wonders, and save you and your dog a lot of headache. I had much rather shock my dog a few times and him live a long and happy life than have him run over cuz he was chasing a squirrel.
that's in a dogs nature it would be weird if he didn't what breed is he i have a beagle[s] and all they do is chase stuff even the 6-8 week old puppies just try to get him under control or give hm something to distract him!








God Luck!
that's your dogs natural instinct. Especially if he is a hunting breed. Although you see it has bad behavior, its natural behavior. He's an animal before he's your pet :)
jus watch ';me or the dog'; on animal planet. it helped me and my dog a lot.
It's in their blood to do that. IDK.
  • mask work
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment